Wednesday, August 10, 2011

USCIS Centralizes Filing of Form I-130

0


Form I-130 is filed by citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States to substantiate the relationship to certain alien relatives who desire to immigrate to the United States. Filing Form I-130, with the required credentials that validate your association with a relative, offers your relative a place in line with others ahead of your family member to immigrate from the same country or province based on the similar type of relationship. When your relative touches the front of the line, he or she may be qualified to immigrate after passing all wants necessary to qualify for an immigrant visa. Form I-130 is a base for an individual to file Citizenship Application Form.

Who can file Form I-130?
A U.S. citizen can file Form I-130 for the following relatives:
• Husband or wife;
• Children, married or unmarried.

A U.S. citizen who is at least 21 years or older may also file Form I-130 for the following relatives:
• Parents;
• Brothers or sisters.

A legal permanent resident can file Form I-130 for:
• Husband or wife;
• Children, married or unmarried.

How does one file Form I-130?
There are two elementary ways to lawfully help your relatives to immigrate to the United States:

• If your relatives live overseas, you first must file Form I-130 with USCIS. Make certain your petition is complete, signed, and submitted with right fees and required documentation. You will need to submit proof of your U.S. citizenship or permanent residence, and substantiation proving your association to each person for whom you are filing a petition.
• If your relatives are by now in the United States and arrived legally, then they may be able to file an I-485 application to change their status to lawful permanent resident at the same time that you file Form I-130 for your relative.

Centralized Filing of Form I-130
Earlier rules allowed the petitioners, who include about 5 percent of all I-130 petitioners, to file with USCIS or the U.S. Department of State at their local U.S. embassy or consulate. This increased the workload of the USCIS. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to increase the effectiveness of the relative petition filing process and give USCIS more flexibility in managing its workload decided to centralize the filing of form I-130.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) declared that effective Aug. 15, 2011; petitioners living in countries deprived of USCIS offices will be able to file a Petition for an Alien Relative (Form I-130), with the USCIS Chicago Lockbox facility. This typically will result in a "quicker" settlement of the I-130, compared to USCIS Service Centers, which can take about 4-6 months to adjudicate I-130 petitions.

For those petitioners residing overseas who have previously planned to, or are in the middle of making their I-130 petition(s), if they still want to file at the U.S. Consulate/U.S. Embassy, they should do so sooner and before August 14, 2011. For those folks hoping for faster decision at the U.S. Consulate/U.S. Embassy, this is a very important time limit to run into.

Address to File Form I-130 after Centralization
Petitioners living in nations without USCIS offices may file a Petition for an Alien Relative based on the addresses provided in the revised form guidelines:

For U.S. Postal Service:
USCIS
P.O. Box 804625
Attn. CSC/I-130/OS
Chicago, IL 60680-4107

For Express mail and courier deliveries:
USCIS
Attn. CSC/I-130/OS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Individuals with queries or concerns should contact the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

 
Design by ThemeShift | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Free Blogger Templates | Best Web Hosting